Baby Hilton's Birthday is Official!!!!

What a week it has been! I would have been getting ready to start my first day of school with my students and probably would have been ridiculously crazy with the first week of school activities, after school events already, and then looking forward to the weekend. Obviously we all know that this is not the case and instead I have someone else who has taken over my classroom while I am out. And another human being who has taken over my body while I sit in bed all day long. ;)

However, I have still been pretty busy this week. Mike and I have been putting together the nursery, he has been working on the kitchen (for those of you who know Mike he has already completely remodeled the kitchen but he always finds more to do), I have been getting things together for the baby shower I am having at the end of the week, and I have a birthday too! My birthday is on the 5th and because the doctors finally gave us the "go-to!" to be able to get out of the house more, so Mike gets to take me out to dinner for my birthday, thank goodness!

I have continued to keep myself busy this week by working on my crocheting, painting letters that are going up on the wall in the nursery, reading some books that are covering my nightstand, and working on some crafts to put up around the house for fall and football season. Luckily, this week has gone by pretty quick and I am thankful for that; if only the rest of the weeks leading up to his birth would feel the same! (Once I have pictures of my completed crafts I will throw those up here if you would like to take a look.)

Now, onto the BIG NEWS.... BABY HILTON'S BIRTHDAY DATE IS HERE!!!! At our appointment today we found out when the scheduled C-Section will be and he will make his first appearance on Wednesday, October 29th. We cannot wait to meet our little man!!! He will be about 36 1/2 weeks at that point so although he will be a bit premature he will be close to a full term baby which is what the doctors are hoping for. 

We also found out at the appointment today that baby Hilton is doing very well and is a growing boy! He is weighing 3 pounds already!!! We also found that baby Hilton's cerebellum is healed and is "normal" than what it was before. If you had read previously we knew that most babies cerebellum's look like a dumbbell weight where as babies with Spina Bifida has a cerebellum that look more like a banana because the nerves had been pulling on the brain. Today we found that his cerebellum has healed and there is fluid behind the brain!!! We couldn't be happier about this news, today was a great appointment. :)

I will be posting a bit more this week because I want to share with you baby Hilton's nursery and the baby shower that we are having this week. Make sure to take a look when they are in! Oh and by the way, we have more pictures to share from today's appointment. Hope you like the side profiles, hands and feet!! 

 His feet are getting bigger, look at those toes :)
 4 Fingers and his thumb is hiding to the left :)
 He loves putting his feet up to his forehead... silly boy
Look at that nose, lips, and chin :)




Comments