We are still here!!!

Wow, it has been a while. Obviously life has really been busy with our family (including a new member), and I have had every intention to write, but it has gotten away from me. Having said that... here is the best I can do to try and catch up!

I am going to attempt to break down the last two years in two separate posts and then what has happened so far in 2019. I know there are things I am going to forget, and I will try to be better about updating on how things are going for Carter and what we are learning together with him about Spina Bifida.

Recently, Spina Bifida has blown up with social media; the news, Good Morning America, The New York Times, it is growing and people are learning more about it which is amazing! This also means that there are a lot of opinions being thrown back and forth and I get it, it's the internet and we have all learned that thoughts and feelings being thrown around happens.

However, this blog is for me to share our story, what we know, and what we are learning about Spina Bifida as Carter grows. We are sharing our story, his life, and what we learn along the way. There may be a time where he doesn't want me to keep writing or he wants some things private, and if or when that day comes I will stop or only share what he is okay with sharing. I try to think of that now and there are things that I do keep private because his story is out there a lot and can be found in other places, so if there are pieces that stay between our family, for Carter's sake, I'm fine with that.

As he gets older I am also learning that my updates may not just be Spina Bifida focused, but may talk about the IEP process for school, field trips, dealing with the wheelchair; other pieces that when Carter was younger, wasn't something I had to worry about or focus on. As I learn, I will share, and hopefully it will help someone else along the way.

Having said that, and letting people know we haven't forgotten about this blog or his updates, let's jump right in!

What our family looks like now! 

Comments