Welcome 3rd Trimester!!!!

It's official, baby has made it into the third trimester!!! I am incredibly grateful that this little skillet has decided to stay in and cook longer. :) Now he just has to keep in there for another 7 weeks.

This week has been a good week for me here at home. Last week was tough and I was having a rough go of things, but this week has really helped to turn things around. I have been very blessed in my life and over the last four years I have met phenomenal people who I am lucky enough to call my friends. We all met because we work at the same school and I couldn't ask for better people to be around and call my friends. They have MADE my week this week. I was lucky enough to have visitors Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and plan on coming over for a sleepover Saturday too!!! I am so thankful to have these people in my life who are willing to travel out of their way to hang out with me in my dorm room and keep me company. So for those of you, because I won't name names, thank you. :) Thank you for making my week and spending time with me. It does not ever go unnoticed.

I think that I am officially in the "reading" stage of my bed-rest. I have about 7 new books to read and 7 more weeks to go so if I can average a book a week I can keep myself busy. My only issue is that I need to be in a "reading mood" when I want to read and that hasn't hit me yet, fingers crossed it will hit me soon so I don't run out of time before he arrives!

My reading list... plus I'm waiting on three more books to arrive in the mail! 

Now onto the appointment! We are one month past surgery, can you believe it?! Already a month out from surgery with less than two months left to go. Today's appointment greeted us as any other. We said hello to our usual clan of people who get to see us each week, I complained about having to be in the wheelchair instead of walking, Mike told me to suck it up because I have to sit in the chair, and we waited to go into the room.

We were greeted by our awesome ultra-sound tech who not only was very good at his job but also took a lot of pictures and 3D photos that he printed off so we could share (check out the bottom!). We did not o the measurements this week but were told that next week we would take a look at where he is size wise, so about every 3 weeks or so we will get an update. While taking a look at his face we saw that it looks like baby Hilton will have my nose, the Textor nose, and Mike's chin. ;)

We were thrilled to get the chance to check out the 3D ultra-sound and even walk away with a few pictures too. Our doctor came in shortly after and she did another scan as well. She told us that she is still happy with the progress and that both baby boy and I seem to be healing very well. We weren't told anything too new on his progress so again, it's just weekly to see what it looks like, but I figured if our doctor doesn't seem too concerned then I won't be either.

Then we got some good news, because it had been four weeks since the surgery we reviewed my activity, or lack there of. She was happy that I was so serious about the movements and things that I have been doing around the house and staying safe. She then told us (yes I made sure Mike heard her too) that I am able to slowly start doing more! These are things like going up and down the stairs more than once a day, going over to people's houses to spend time with them, knowing that if we need to leave it's okay, heading to church, and even making it to dinner and a movie!!! Although we can't do both of those things in the same night. I was thrilled to hear this news because it means I get to leave the house more than just my weekly appointments. :) To celebrate Mike and I went out to breakfast after our appointment, and then it was back to the house.

Until next week, enjoy the newest pictures of baby Hilton and his 3D face!

 Apparently it had been a long morning... he had to block his face from us, but look at those lips :) and is that a dimple chin I see???

 Another side profile with his arm in the air! 
 Look at that face!!! He moved his hand and we got the eyes, cheeks, and nose!!! 
Just chillin' on a Thursday Morning :)

Comments

  1. He looks like he's going to be a snuggle bug with those hands around his little face. Yayy for more freedom!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment