We're coming home :)

After being sent home on August 2nd, baby and I took it extremely easy for the first week home, doing pretty much nothing but laying in bed and getting up for the bathroom. Mike was absolutely wonderful and set up our bedroom into my own personal dorm room. Ahh back in college, minus having to take the classes, livin' the dream. Although, I knew that this dream would eventually get old. The room is set so that everything I could need is upstairs, because I get to go downstairs about twice a week; one of those times being getting to the car for my weekly doctor appointments in Ann Arbor. Seen below are the pictures of our new "dorm room" set up, also known as the battle field. :)

 The view from my spot on the bed, Mike's dinner table with a view of the backyard... how romantic!
 To my right, the nightstand that holds everything I need and a food tray for my water, meds, and meals... oh and Bo checking it out too ;)
 Mike's view of my set up and spot when he comes home from work everyday. 
 College set up! Food, a fridge, and a mirror... what else could I need?!
The reclining chair I sometimes get to sit at at eat while Mike eats at the "dinner table".

Mike and I are very blessed to have two wonderful puppies that we love very much, but Mike was TERRIFIED that as soon as I got home the jumping would ensue and the dogs would get into trouble. Coincidentally enough, it's almost like the dogs knew, because when I got home they came close enough to be pet, but not close enough to make either one of us feel uncomfortable. They would lay with me while I sat in bed all day and just keep me company, which does help make the day go by faster. I'm a very lucky gal to have such a loving family already :)
 Our 3 year old Snickers, who loves the pillow :)
Our 2 year old Bo... sometimes known as Marley ;)

So now that I am settled into what will be my life and room for the next 14 weeks it was time to relax and figure out my med. taking situation. There were quite a few that I left the hospital with; two sets of pain meds., followed by my pre-natal's, and a medicine to help control that I don't have contractions. The pain medicine is something that I will eventually be taken off of with how I have been feeling post surgery, but both the pre-natal's and the contraction medicine I will be taking until baby boy is born. Pre-natal's, no big deal, all preggo's have to take them ;) My contraction medicine though, needs to be taken every 6 hours, which means that at 5:30 every morning I get to wake up to take it. I'm still in the process of figuring out if there is a better time table I can use but as of now, this seems to work out alright. 

Even though I was not allowed to go anywhere or do anything I was pretty busy during week one. I had family and friends that would stop by every day to check up on me, help around my house, and bring food. These people are absolutely amazing!! I don't know what I would do without them. Mike has also been a huge help and has done everything I can no longer do, plus the work he already does around the house. I am one lucky woman. Now it was just time to play the waiting game until my first post-op doctors appointment to check up on baby!

Comments