Sometimes Plans Change....

Well it was another Thursday and time for another appointment. Mike and I headed to the hospital for our ultra-sound and to see how baby boy is doing. However, this appointment was, shall we say, a bit different than the ones before.

We walked in with the nurse and she began taking a look at his vital organs and heart beat, which all looked really well. The only difference was that my amniotic fluid had dropped tremendously since our appointment last week. The nurse then checked his diaphragm to see how his breathing was looking. We knew right away that something was going on because of the way she was acting. I say this with confidence because after going to 10 ultra-sounds after the surgery you start to know how people react to good news and to "new" news. She told us shortly that our doctor would be in to talk to us and see us to answer any questions.

When our doctor came in she also wanted to take a look at baby and see how things were going. She noticed how low my amniotic fluid was and asked a lot of questions about this. Nothing was new from my standpoint, everything had been the same since the week before so we moved on. I had also talked to her about the fact that my stomach was feeling a bit sore recently, within the last two days maybe, and if it was just a pregnancy thing or perhaps if it was my previous uterus cut from surgery a few months ago. Turns out, this was something that she was a little concerned about. So much so, that within 10 minutes I was admitted into U of M Hospital for the evening, told that I would be there for the night for observation to make sure that he wasn't in any kind of distress, and also monitored for contractions. We were told to brace and prepare ourselves for the fact that he could be born... TOMORROW!!!

We checked in, eventually got settled into a room and I have been monitored all day long. I also had steroid shots taken in order to help develop his lungs before he is born. I have been hooked up to a baby heart monitor (which he has been doing fantastic!) as well as a contraction monitor, with no contractions!!!

It was around 6:00pm when the nurse came into my room to check on me that I asked if we would be meeting with the doctors at all tonight to find out if delivery was actually going to happen the next day or not. If it does not happen I would have to stay at the hospital until his delivery... whenever that would be. However, that is not needed because... HE IS COMING TOMORROW!!! It is officially in the schedule and baby Hilton is going to make his debut 19 days earlier than planned and will be born on October 10th, 2014. Making him a 10.10.14 baby.

He will be exactly 34 weeks when I deliver and although it is two weeks earlier than we had all planned we did know that it was a possibility for him. We are not concerned about this change, although we were not planning on it when we walked into our appointment this morning.

More new to comes once he is born but Baby Hilton will be here within 24 hours. :)

Comments