4 month check up!

I cannot believe that Carter is already 4 months old, seriously, where does the time go?! Carter continues to grow and impress the doctors with each visit and I am thrilled that he is doing so well, as I'm sure any mom is happy when their children are healthy and happy.

He's getting so big! 

When we went in for Carter's 4 month wellness appointment he weighed in (naked baby!) at 16 lbs. 11.7oz. and measured at 24 inches long; finally hit that 2 foot mark! Mike and I are both fully aware that Carter is not going to be very tall, it's just not in his blood ;) but we were still glad to hear that he finally made it.

After getting those measurements the doctor took a look at how he was doing and asked the typical questions. She also told us that with his growth she would no longer be measuring him on a preemie growth scale but on a "normal" age scale. I was excited to hear about that because that meant Carter is doing well in those areas. Officially he is in the 83%ile with this weight, 99%ile with his head circumference, and 17%ile with his height.

For Valentine's Day I covered him in kisses, he is going to hate me when he is older ;)

From there we moved onto the discussion of his VP shunt surgery and how he was doing, which is great by the way! He won't have the see the Neuro. team until April as long as he is doing well and doesn't have any shunt issues (Mike and I have been told what to look for). Then it was shot time.

Luckily my mom was at the appointment with me (I'm technically not allowed to lift more than 15 pounds due to my surgery, so with an almost 17 pound baby.. that works) and she was able to help me hold him for his shots. It wasn't too terrible, three shots and by the time Carter started screaming it was over and the band-aids were being placed on his little chubby thighs. Even better, he only cried for about 30-60 seconds and then he went back to eating his bottle; clearly food took precedence over his shots.

In the meantime I am continuing to work on the fundraising event with Mott's to raise awareness for Spina Bifida and to support families of children with Spina Bifida.  I have started a gofundme page to get the ball rolling and am in the process of securing a venue for the black tie event in October. Click here to check out the gofundme page if you would like to donate or share this information with others.

http://www.gofundme.com/mchsvc

For now, I am getting in as much Carter time before I have to go back to work on March 5th. I shouldn't be complaining as I haven't had to return to work since the end of last school year, but I have also gone through three surgeries so it hasn't been all rainbows and sunshine. Time off work isn't always what other people think it may be like. Bed rest and not being allowed to move or go a whole lot of places, but it's getting better and I am looking forward to seeing my students and getting back into the classroom. For now, time to snuggle with my chunky little tough guy.

Smiling for the camera already :)

Comments