A Formal Fundraiser for Mott; Let the Planning Begin!

Now that things are starting to settle down a bit with our doctors appointments, surgeries, and updates it's time to get started with creating a fundraiser! (Like we need more to do ;).) I have decided that I want to be able to give back to the hospital and to the people who helped my family through our scary and new experience of having a child with Spina Bifida and everything that has happened since the day we found out. I also want to be able to give to those who will get the same or similar news we did and to help them in anyway that we can.

I have never put together a fundraiser to the caliber that I am trying to create and am doing everything I can to research. First thing, I contacted Mott's to see how they could help us out. I spoke to a wonderful woman, Katy, who was able to answer all of my questions and to let me know how the hospital could help. Not only are they able to review anything we send out to the public or with fliers, they are going to donate favors for anyone who is able to attend the event, and create a tax exemption letter for businesses who are willing and able to donate in anyway that they can; from venues, invitations, or items for a silent auction. We are also fortunate to have received permission to use the Mott's logo and hospital logo for anything we need.

Our home away from home...  

After getting ahold of Mott's it was time to head to facebook ;). I had to try and contact anyone I know who has put together an event or would like to help me make this a success. Luckily I have a few wonderful ladies who have either worked in this area specifically or told me that they could help me and for that I am grateful. I honestly do not think I could make this event happen without some help; especially for when I have to return to work.

The plan is this, in October (Spina Bifida Awareness Month) of 2015 I will be sponsoring a formal dinner with a silent auction to fundraise money both for Mott's Children's Hospital and the Spina Bifida Association of Michigan. Since Carter and I were the first to undergo this in-utero surgery both at Mott's and in the state of Michigan it was important to me to give back to the place that took such great care of us in so many ways. I also want to donate to an Association to which I plan on attending events for in the future, because I want Carter to get to know other children who have Spina Bifida, just like him!

This formal dinner will allow people to enjoy a night out to dress up, purchase items they enjoy or vacations they themselves can get away to. They will also get to meet the doctors who changed mine and my family's life forever. After people mingle and get the chance to look at the silent auction items it will be time for a nice formal dinner. While people eat, they will get the chance to hear from the doctors who performed the surgery Carter had as well as hopefully a guest speaker or two, to entertain those who agreed to be part of this night.

Although we are in the beginning stages of this event, I know I can make this happen and donate money to a great cause. I am just hoping that it will be as successful as I see it in my mind. Over the course of the year I be updating you as I always have been, not only with how Carter is doing but also how things are going with the fundraiser.

Until then.. let the planning begin!

http://www.gofundme.com/mchsvc

Comments

  1. How exciting! It's nice to see that there are lots of people who support you with regard to that fundraiser. I'm sure you're busy with planning it out, and I can only wish you all the success for that event. Good luck, and keep us posted with updates! All the best! \:)

    Norman Watkins @ eBay Giving Works

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate the kind words!!

      Delete

Post a Comment